OC 1 vs Atom 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive it virtually from home :)

Sadly, my computer is a few years old and the graphics card is not supported. I have been through the training sessions and I really liked them, and would recommend them to anyone.

Ok, here lets simplify it. Diving the OC1 is the same as diving the ATOM 3.0. They are pretty much the same computer except the compass works better on the Atom 3.0. Oh, and here's the kicker... The OC1 is 1800'ish, the Atom 3.0 is just over 1k. Hmmmm... that makes it simple.

If you are going to spend 1k+ Buy a Shearwater and never look back, it's not AI, but it's so far beyond the Oceanic computers it's sillyness.

FYI, I have all three computers in stock. Where should I ship it?

If you are going to spend 1k+ Buy a Shearwater and never look back, it's not AI, but it's so far beyond the Oceanic computers it's sillyness.

I have both an OC1 and the Shearwater. They're in totally different leagues!

BUT, the OC1 form factor and wireless integration is what sealed the deal for me (for recreational diving)

About the only thing I don't like about the OC1 is the compass isn't integrated into the main screen with all the other information. I can't really fault this as there's a lot of data already in the main screen, but it is a little painful to switch between dive and compass modes.

To get around this I carry a separate compass and use the OC1 as a backup. If navigation is unlikely to be an issue, I don't bother with the primary as the OC1 is there if I really need it.

When my wife starts diving, I'll probably get her the ATOM. She'd never wear it as a nice watch (too big for her slim arms) and her eyesight isn't so great so a larger screen will be of more benefit to her. The ability to check your buddies air between the two units is almost as useful as being diving the same computer profile.

I have an Oc1 LE (#948) and I love it. The lady diving next to me has the atom 3 and the thing I have noticed is the atom 3 log book keeps the end tank pressure whereas the oc1 does not

Ok, here lets simplify it. Diving the OC1 is the same as diving the ATOM 3.0. They are pretty much the same computer except the compass works better on the Atom 3.0. Oh, and here's the kicker... The OC1 is 1800'ish, the Atom 3.0 is just over 1k. Hmmmm... that makes it simple.

FYI, I have all three computers in stock. Where should I ship it?

It's an apples and oranges comparaison. Do you wear the Shearwater while rec diving?

I use the Atom 2.0 with wireless transmitter.

How if offered between OC1 and Atom 2.0, I'd select the OC1. Reason! Simply because its an attractive watch and PDC. The quality is titanium. The design is sleek and attractive for everyday use.

It has the same features as the Atom 2.0 and 3.0. with the exception that the OC1 has a digital compass. Excellent feature, for night dive etc.

Only its at a hefty price tag. Because you'll need to another $400 for a transmitter.

If price is no object select OC1. its top of the line. Durable and sleek design for everyday and occasion.

Have fun diving!!!

Last edited:
All of the good diving computers I've been looking at are in the $900+ range. For that amount I think I'm going with a Shearwater.

The OC 1's screen seems a bit small to me, and for $1000+ I'd expect better.

Back
Top Bottom