OC 1 vs Atom 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikko

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, so if I came up to you and said you could have an OC1 or an Atom 3. The only catch is that you needed to explain to me why you wanted one over the other, what would you say?

I'm looking at buying one, and I'm not really looking at the price. I am an Instructor who does a large variety of diving. I do about 60 dives a month. any thoughts? The digital side is my primary, but everything is backed up with analog. I prefer to have an all in one on my wrist with everything backed up on an analog navcon.

What do you think?

I can tell you that the OC 1 is a great computer and a very nice wrist watch. I'd say it's a bit more rugged than the Atom 3 as it's made from titanium.

Never seen the Atom 3 directly, but it looks like it's using the same software. Slightly bigger screen.

I've got a bit of a thing for good watches, so I went with the OC 1. If you're after a more dedicated computer the Atom might be more suitable.

I can tell you that the software works very well and is highly configurable. I just wish OceanLog (the PC software) was as well done.

I'm wearing number 849 :wink:
Whaooo .... this means that they have almost sold all 1,000 LE units

I'm leaning to towards the OC1. I like the idea of having everything. Has anyone ever done any decompression diving on it? Looking at taking a tech class in the next 6 months. Would it work for a back up computer?

Got number 183. Still haven't had a chance to dive it though. That dang job keeps getting in the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom