Obtaining Zeagle regulator spare parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney:
Many of us that can work on a regulator during a dive trip, certainly don't want to.

It's so easy to bring along a spare regulator, 1st and 2nd stage only.

It can be your pony tank rig for deeper dives, but also that ever-present solution to a problem for anyone in your group.

Check out the new Resort regulator... MSRP $250.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=ReZort&category=Regulators
Note the better than US Navy A group performance!

Chad
Zeagle Rep.

I fully agree Chad. As a group leader on many trips I usually carry a complete second regulator along with me as backup for anyone who needs it, even me. It certainly is a lot easier to swap out an entire regulator and get on with the diving, than try and find the parts (I did remember to pack them didn't I), find someone competent to strip and reassemble the regulator while sitting on a live aboard 2 days from the next port stop. Unless your a certified Zeagle tech, I don't really want you tearing my reg apart, since I'm the one betting my life on it during the next dive. :wink:

I like to carry the external o-rings that can be replaced with a simple multi-tool & Adj. wrench. But I always take a complete extra reg to the dive site. And on trips I'll leave another one in the room. Have not had to use the room reg yet. I've saved a lot more dives for other folks (including DMs) than myself.

Okay. So I'm on the same page as you guys - although having a complete set backup 1st and 2nd stages is the best option, having the hard to find parts available so that repairs could be done is not a bad backup plan.

I'll get the spare reg evenually. For now the parts will have to do for travel purposes. And thanks to Larry and the fine folks at ScubaToys, the parts just arrived yesterday. Just in time for my trip next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom