Obtaining Zeagle regulator spare parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathan

Registered
Reaction score
What are the "rules" as it pertains to having spare parts (o-rings, hp seats, etc.) for Zeagle regulators? I was just told by my LDS that he could not sell me the parts kit because I was not factory certified. I'm not interested in servicing my regulator, only have the spare parts with me when I travel. Zeagle isn't that common of a brand that I just want to hope that if something should break on a trip that I can find a local store that happens to carry the right parts.

What he probably ment to say was simply that he will not sell parts to you because he wants you to pay him for the labor.

Contact Larry at Scubatoys.com.

No. He was pretty clear. He would/could not sell parts because of liability concerns.

And yeah, think I will call our friends at Scubatoys. :)

Cathan:
No. He was pretty clear. He would/could not sell parts because of liability concerns.

And yeah, think I will call our friends at Scubatoys. :)

That is a pretty common story. But if you look around enough, you will find shops that will sell parts (rather than lose a customer) and when you get to know them they may even tell you what a line of BS the liability excuse is. And I'm sure that it has been repeated so much that most LDS employees and even many of the owners probably believe it. If they wanted to sell parts and protect themselves from any ill-defined liability a waiver would be cheap & easy. What they really want is for all their customers to pay the annual rental fee and to not have to contend with any shade tree reg mechanics competeing with them.

Did he also tell you that if you buy gear or have it serviced thru online resources, that you will die?

As long as your gear is serviced every year by an authorized Zeagle LDS then the service kit parts are free. Whatever your LDS charges is strictly his "labor charge". You can read Zeagle's Policy on Warranty/Service here.

I own both a Zeagle Ranger and a Zeagle Escape BCD and a Zeagle ZX-50D regulator and am very happy with them. I get them serviced every year and only pay the agreed upon labor fee, which the LDS keeps. They do have to return the replaced parts or supply the SN#'s of the regulators they service in order to received the parts kit from Zeagle. Having watched the tech disassemble the 1st and 2nd stages on numerous occassions, beyond having a spare hose o-ring and a spare spool for my gauge consol, I'm not sure what good all the other parts would do you. If you want to disassemble and reassemble your gear properly you need several tools plus a test set up in order to properly set the intermidiate pressure's. The test setup is not something I would be carrying with me on a trip. eyebrow

Carrying spare parts for a reg is like the hot blonde in a Ferrari carrying a spare tire. She's not going to change that tire... but it will be handy to have one when someone who can change it for you is around.

All the guys in the resorts are normally pretty good at working on regs of all kinds - but if you have a bad seat, and they don't happen to to have a parts kit there... you might be out of luck.

As far as emergency parts... 1st stage are probably more important. Second stages tend to be more "generic" in seats and o-rings than the 1st stages.

Many of us that can work on a regulator during a dive trip, certainly don't want to.

It's so easy to bring along a spare regulator, 1st and 2nd stage only.

It can be your pony tank rig for deeper dives, but also that ever-present solution to a problem for anyone in your group.

Check out the new Resort regulator... MSRP $250.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=ReZort&category=Regulators
Note the better than US Navy A group performance!

Chad
Zeagle Rep.

scubatoys:
Carrying spare parts for a reg is like the hot blonde in a Ferrari carrying a spare tire. She's not going to change that tire... but it will be handy to have one when someone who can change it for you is around.

All the guys in the resorts are normally pretty good at working on regs of all kinds - but if you have a bad seat, and they don't happen to to have a parts kit there... you might be out of luck.

As far as emergency parts... 1st stage are probably more important. Second stages tend to be more "generic" in seats and o-rings than the 1st stages.

Hey Larry, how ya been?

Having lived and worked in a resort area I can say that for some brands finding parts can be a you know what, as can finding a Divemaster/instructor safe to work on your gear....

I think it is a great idea to have a spare first and second stage kit and spare computer batteries when you travel alot. For like 20-30 bucks you can save your 2k+ vacation.

Like the Zeagle discussed here, parts will not be easy to get in the Carib, no way no how.

For example there is a yacht I sold like 25 regs to a few years ago along with service kits, I was in Cayman last week and the shop I was visiting made a comment about a yacht wanted to get their regs serviced, when he asked what type/how many he stated that he didn't have enough parts and it would take at least two weeks to get them, the yacht amazed him by saying "we have all the service kits". I then amazed the tech by telling him the name of the yacht. Made me glad I did right by them

Best,

Chris

Chad Carney:
Many of us that can work on a regulator during a dive trip, certainly don't want to.

It's so easy to bring along a spare regulator, 1st and 2nd stage only.

It can be your pony tank rig for deeper dives, but also that ever-present solution to a problem for anyone in your group.

Check out the new Resort regulator... MSRP $250.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=ReZort&category=Regulators
Note the better than US Navy A group performance!

Chad
Zeagle Rep.

Dang, now I have to amend my sales pitch from only us to only us and Zeagle have an flow by/standard/unbalanced piston regs that exceed class a performance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom