Obligatory welcome post. (longish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalvyn

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I stumbled into this forum while doing a Google search on drysuits, and have not stopped reading since. :D I just recently finished my NAUI OW certification, and am looking at getting a drysuit (cold here in the Sound! Average temp for my OW cert dives was 46 F), and doing my Advanced OW cert next month.

I got into diving by accident, actually... my wife got her NAUI certification right before we got married in 2001, so she could dive while we were honeymooning in the BVI (Virgin Gorda; Dive BVI seemed like nice people, I thought). She asked me if I was interested, and I said "no WAY", since I sometimes freak out snorkelling (long story).

Anyway, my wife was longing for some diving this last Summer, so we booked a trip to the Bahamas. We stayed at the dive outfit (DIVE DIVE DIVE; they had pretty nice little cabins right on site), and I was booked aboard as a snorkeler. On the first day out, the first dive of the day was a shark feed. I did not snorkel (duh), so the boat captain and I had plenty of time to shoot the breeze. He ended up convincing me to at least try out a BC, tank and regulator, to "snorkel" in. I did so, and he came over after a minute or so, and let the air out of the BC, and took me down a few feet (after asking me if I was comfortable with trying, of course!). Bottom line was, I dove the rest of the trip, albeit as a "resort diver" (40 fsw limit, had to stick with the DM as my buddy). I cannot say enough nice things about the folks at DIVE DIVE DIVE, especially Gareth. Gareth helped me deal with a pretty severe panic attack, and I ended up actually doing the dive after he got me relaxed. I even dove with the sharks (NOT a feed, though)!

I've already enjoyed the discussions I've read on here, and look forward to participating in a few as well!

Jimmie

P.S. Here's some pictures from our trip to the Bahamas, if anyone's interested: http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b30d6d42c471

Kalvyn

Welcome and we hope you enjoy yourself. There is a lot of information contained here and feel free to ask whatever questions you have and in the same way we look forward to your contributions.

regards

welcome to the board kalvyn:)

Welcome and wow I want to go to the Bahamas now! And I have great diving here and still want to go!So how much is Dive dive dive paying you? :wink:
wink

Jen who has a case of the grasses is greener in the Bahama....Or is that fish are greener?

Way to go Kalvyn!!

Welcome from a diver in your area! See ya around the boards! :)

Kayla:)

Back
Top Bottom