Closed O2ptima

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jhgt2d

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have scheduled my O2ptima class for this winter and have started looking for a used unit to start out. My understanding is that dive rite will give a used unit a good once over when it is being considered for private sale.

I am looking for an O2ptima that the seller would be willing to ship to dive rite for inspection and then be picked up by my instructor before I start my class in February.

Might wish to specify preferred era, electronics, BOV, lungs, etc

@Tracy - Tracy sometimes has a few for sale.

My LDS in FL is selling a used BM Optima with BMCL and BOV. The owner dived it for a couple years and then switched to the Choptima. It's in great shape and I almost bought it myself but decided on a different unit. DM me if you're interested and I can connect you.

@PEDiver pm sent, definitely interested in getting more info.

@grantctobin good point, at the moment any unit may end up working, depending on price. I would like to end up with iBOV, BMCL and shearwater electronics but a unit, that has some features, I can start on may be worth the investment while I am just starting out.

I have 4 used Optimas for sale. I am one of the largest Dive Rite Dealers in the country and have no issue sending a unit to DR to be checked out. All of my units except for one are less than a year old.

Peter
407-304-9288

I see your other thread. Are the o2ptimas CM or BM?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom