O2-Clean Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm shopping around for an O2-clean regulator, and I'm wondering what people on Scubaboard recommend. I know that a lot of divers use the Atomic M1 for 100% O2, but it's only rated for 80%, and I prefer to stay within the manufacturer's recommended limits if at all possible. Thanks in advance!

I would guess that anything not titanium can and has been safely used in the past. In all reality I would be perfectly comfortable putting any one of my stage regs on an O2 bottle.

I know DRIS and a few other shops run some good deals on dedicated O2 regs every now and then....you could start there.

DRIS has some of the Dive Rite O2 only regs for fairly inexpensive. However, it is O2 ONLY. It uses an unbalanced piston first stage more akin to an argon inflation regulator than a standard first stage. It is good for 50 feet or shallower according to the DRIS description. I have never tested this as I use it solely as a 100% O2 deco reg at 6m MOD.

DRIS has some of the Dive Rite O2 only regs for fairly inexpensive. However, it is O2 ONLY. It uses an unbalanced piston first stage more akin to an argon inflation regulator than a standard first stage. It is good for 50 feet or shallower according to the DRIS description. I have never tested this as I use it solely as a 100% O2 deco reg at 6m MOD.

It's very inexpensive....and would probably be even cheaper if they omitted all the green stuff...lol.

It's very inexpensive....and would probably be even cheaper if they omitted all the green stuff...lol.

Yep. I wish they offered just the O2 clean first stage by itself. I have enough hoses and second stages lying around. I can O2 clean myself, but would rather just have it done by someone else.

I know that a lot of divers use the Atomic M1 for 100% O2, but it's only rated for 80%, and...

Sigh. Go buy a copy of the Oxygen Hacker's Companion, read it, and get the :censored: on with diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom