O-Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom2004

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Where can I buy some spare O-Rings for my tank? I bought a used tank and I want to swap out rings.

For one or two O-rings, why not just go to your local dive shop and buy them? You will be assured that you have the correct parts and if you pay a dollar more than you might from the manufacturer, so what?

Go buy a small o-ring save a dive kit form you LDS. Should be about $8 for the small standard box that is available at most shops.

At air-oil.com EPDM 2-214 tank O rings are ten cents each or seven cents each in a pack of 71. I just bought several hundred in different sizes for tanks and regulators for less than twenty bucks including shipping. But hey. give the LSD a couple of bucks for one, they need the money more than you.

Is that the N70 or N90 rings?
(Doesn't that have to do with 'hardness' of the material?)

DarkCoffee:
Is that the N70 or N90 rings?
(Doesn't that have to do with 'hardness' of the material?)

Depends on the material. Nitrile (Buna N) is available in 70 or 90, EPDM is only available in 70 from Air-Oil. 90 is harder than 70.

And for the really tough o-rings to find:

www.marcorubber.com

You can get virtually any o-ring you could ever want in different durometers, materials and colors (it will be bulk but excellent prices) from them. It's a good route for divers with many friends.

captain:
Depends on the material. Nitrile (Buna N) is available in 70 or 90, EPDM is only available in 70 from Air-Oil. 90 is harder than 70.

That is also depending on the manufacture of valve.

Thermo recommends 90 duro. Some other manufactures are also using 70 duro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom