O-ring replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lakediver

Registered
Reaction score
I've had the OMS Phantom dive light for over four years. No problems so far. I always check and lube the o-ring on the cap of the battery canister. To inspect the other o-rings on the light head I would have to completely dismantle it. I believe there are five of them. I don't know whether to attempt this myself or have an OMS tech do it. Has anyone else out there done this themself and found it to be easy? I thought I read somewhere that all o-rings tend to break down even with limited use after a year or two. Also how are the Halcyon Scouts for back-ups?

Lakediver once bubbled...
Also how are the Halcyon Scouts for back-ups?
Bulletproof. There are a couple of similar (almost identical) lights such as the Canadian Extremes ($65 ea, or $60 on eBay), and Little Johnsons ($79 ea), which both feature double o-rings over the Scout's single o-ring. I can vouch for the Canadian Extremes as I have owned two for about a year now without floods or problems.

I am eagerly awating my 2 new canadian extream lights. Mr UPS man please hurry:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom