NY Newbie living in Prague

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the KMart in Plsen once for the novelty of it. Everything was under glass and secured. So different from the good ole USA. I remember they had an excellent McDonald's there too. I remember the smell of the air was terrible, they burned something for heat that burned really sooty and it was hard to breath there. Also remember on the way to Prague there was the huge sign "Castle for Sale" and I went in and checked out what must have once been a beautiful castle that was left to deterioriate, so sad. I also remember all the prostitution on the road to Prague and how sad it was that the poeple were so poor, my heart always sank. But what I remember most was that the people were friendly and the country was on the rebound. I hope that the flooding doesn't impeed the progress that they were making to improve conditions there. Maybe this will be yet another chance to rebuild and end up better off than they were. I truly loved Prague, I still am heartbroken that some of those old structures are probably gone forever. I feel fortunate to have experienced the city prior to this happening.

Welcome aboard. I have Prague on my list of places to visit once the frequent flyer miles get loaded up.
I hope all is well and things get back to normal soon. Having lived through a major hurricane I know it will be a long and difficult process.:cheers:

Hey,

I've spent about six weeks total in the excellent company of Planet Scuba. I was out there for a month two years ago and did a stack of training with them. I can thouroughly recommend them. Lisa is very nice and so are the other instructors.

I can particularly recommend Steve 'Chap' Moore who will no doubt still be there. He's English and a very good instructor. I think he did most of the DM training. Also 'Guy' an ex Israeli mil. diver. He's **** hot in the water and a very nice bloke.

You could do far worse than to do your thing with them.

If you want any more specific info let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Koh Tao is a very cool place to spend some time, take it easy and go diving. When I was there, there was a great community atmosphere and it was a real ***** to have to leave and head back to the real world.

Regards

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom