NW Wreck Diving Tour 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJewel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Kevin and I wanted to give everyone advanced notice that we are in the final stages of planning our 07 summer dive tour. On the heels of our successful "Takin it on the Road" dive tour of summer 06, next years tour will focus on Wreck Diving and it will take those of you interested on several trips to Canada to dive wrecks like the Saskatchewan, Makenzie, Chaudiere, Cape Breton and others as well as diving the Diamond Knot in Washington and culminating with a trip to Micronesia and Truk Lagoon in early December 07.

Along with the dive trips Kevin will be offering Wreck diving certifications, DPV certifications and more.

We will also be creating a Fleece Jacket, Coat and T-shirt that will be available for free to members attending several of the dives and to anyone else who are willing to pay for them.

If you are interested let us know and we will gladly add you to the list.

JulieParkhurst:
Kevin and I wanted to give everyone advanced notice that we are in the final stages of planning our 07 summer dive tour. On the heels of our successful "Takin it on the Road" dive tour of summer 06, next years tour will focus on Wreck Diving and it will take those of you interested on several trips to Canada to dive wrecks like the Saskatchewan, Makenzie, Chaudiere, Cape Breton and others as well as diving the Diamond Knot in Washington and culminating with a trip to Micronesia and Truk Lagoon in early December 07.

Hi Julie, I like the idea of a "Canadian Wreckfest" do you have a particular month in mind for when this happens? (Hopefully after school is out?)

Cheers,

Poog:coffee:

Hi Julie:

This sounds interesting to me as well. What are the prerequisites (e.g., training level, etc) and costs associated with this. I am in the Seattle area so this sounds like fun but am still a relative diving newb so just want to make sure I understand the whole deal.

Thanks!

We still need to work out all the details but the basic program is planned for one dive trip per month (most of which will be in summer 07) to Canada with the Diamond Knot dive being held in August. We may hold a dive or two before summer gets here and we also may hold a dive or two in the fall of 07 as well.

We will stay in hotels for the Canadian dives and we will have a campout at Salt Creek Park for the Diamond Knot dives.

As for training and experience, Each diver will be evaluated and if training is needed it will be offered. Wreck diving certifications will be required for those interested in going to Truk Lagoon with us.

If you have specific questions you can always phone Kevin

Glad to hear there are SB People interested in diving with us again.

Julie and I will have this all planned out very soon. I may hold a few orientation type dives late this year or early next year.

Due to my Arctic diving commitments to the University of Washington I won't be able to do much in the Feb-March time frame and I have signed on to do Arctic logistics for a Hollywood crew who will be filming an episode of Stargate on the Beaufort Sea in April.

I am currently thinking that our first Canadian Wreck dive will be the Chaudiere over Memorial Day with subsequent trips in June, July and August to dive the Saskachewan, Cape Breton, Makenzie, GB Church etc.

Late in August we will head out to dive the Diamond Knot.

Classes will be held along the way for anyone wishing them.

Our Truk Lagoon trip will be held in early December 07

We welcome any questions you may have about the program.

This should be a great summer of diving and we are excited about it, We hope you will be too.

See you in the Sea

Seadiver5:
I have signed on to do Arctic logistics for a Hollywood crew who will be filming an episode of Stargate on the Beaufort Sea in April.

Ooh, neato! SG-1 or Atlantis? I'm assuming Atlantis...any details about the episode you can share?

...and I have signed on to do Arctic logistics for a Hollywood crew who will be filming an episode of Stargate on the Beaufort Sea in April.

Indeed...:wink:

Penopolypants:
Ooh, neato! SG-1 or Atlantis? I'm assuming Atlantis...any details about the episode you can share?

I think Kevin said it was SG1, It's a Tag along contract using the same Arctic camp.

We have had a lot of interest in this dive tour and so many suggestions for alternate wreck dives that we wanted to ask those of you on Scubaboard what northwest wreck dives you would like to do.

We are into deep penetration, Shallow penetration and just fooling around on the outside so any suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom