NSS-CDS not recognized in some countries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we went to dive tech and had a nice dive and the people were great, i went over the wall and hit 205', then came back up just before deco, did't want to go into deco i only had an 80 and it was a good swim out to the wall i knew i wouldn't have enough air to go through any deco time to do a proper acent, but you get a nice buzz feeling at that depth

Are you joking or trolling???:confused:

A question? Why would you only bring a cave diving certification to an open ocean dive location when you have a Advanced open water certification. There is only one reason " recently NSS-CDS cave certified". You were bragging and you know it. I have never used my NSS-CDS cert anywhere but the springs. You can't really blame someone not from a cave diving area from not recognizing an NSS-CDS card.

Charlie,

I was going to say the same thing. Until DanM starts paying a dive operations insurance, or owns one, maybe he should shut the hell up! A dive operator can refuse anyone at anytime. Seems like Sunset House (although by the way he described where it was at, it was probably more Eden Rock) was clairvoyant on what type of diver he was.

the whole point of going with this agency was to prove that i had the best training. thanks in advance for your input, Dan

he was kind of a jack a$$, i'm telling him that overhead enviornment traing is far superior then most any other training, and he said he wouldn't even recognize the card.

we went to dive tech and had a nice dive and the people were great, i went over the wall and hit 205', then came back up just before deco, did't want to go into deco i only had an 80 and it was a good swim out to the wall i knew i wouldn't have enough air to go through any deco time to do a proper acent, but you get a nice buzz feeling at that depth

Apparently you missed something during the "best" "far superior" training you recieved. Either that or you just can't fix stupid.

If you were a new diver talking about doing something like that, I could overlook it thinking you may not have been trained properly or just didn't understand the dangers or know better yet.

But for some touting their advanced training, to do this type of diving is just plain silly. I seriously hope you dont approach cave diving with this type of attitude and disregard for safety.

Last edited:

In addition to what others have already posted, it's impossible to dive to 200 feet without going into deco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom