Now that Wreckmania II is over.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a little deeper into summer might work for WMIII in 2004.
Like July or early August. What do you think, Dave?
Should we do it in the Keys again?
Have you talked to Kris since the trip?

My vote is for the early August and yes definitely the keys. Atleast, if done with return divers not for learning. Maybe an alumni wreckmania?

As was discussed by Walter and Pete the deep wrecks were not as good for class drills because of limited bottom times. But the wreck diving there would be fun for alumni of the wreckmania classes.

I am ready to start planning my dive trips for next year so I hope we know soon. I try to plan out far enough to schedule my finances on these trips and get some good dives in over the summer months.

I had a GREAT time at both places. I guess Id almost vote for Deerfield Beach over the Keys because a person can get a cab from the airport to there and not rent a car.

Either way thogh.

Dave

Work killed me this spring so I could not make this year, maybe next year. Either the Keys or Deerfield beach is fine with me.

From a perfectly selfish point of view my vote would be the Keys as I dive and live less than 10 miles from Deerfield Beach. :D But I'll go anywhere.

Summer after school's out would be great too - less time pressures and slower for me at work as well. I could stay the whole time!

Marc

The middle/lower Keys have several fine wrecks. I know of operators who will allow us to dive two dives on these wrecks in one trip.

The Busch is an example. The sand is 100 feet with the deck at 85 and the super structure up to 40 feet. A fine wreck to practice reel work. Big enough and usually no other divers on the wreck.

For the real challenge is the Thunderbolt. 120 feet to the dirt and is cut open for easy penetration. If We can make this a NAUI course we can do a little deeper dives.

Then of the shops I am familiar with, several have 95/104 steel tanks and doubles for rent.

The reefs are nicer and this a laid back party land.

Lodging is not as nice but clean and cheaper.

Key West has a couple of wrecks too but it is best to travel to Key West to dive these wrecks. If they ever sink the Vandeburg (a ship larger than the SG), Key West will finally have a real attraction for divers.

I am in this parts of the keys every year for three weeks. Usually from 4th of July to the 25 of July. The Labor Day weekend is also good but winds from Hurricanes is always a threat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom