Now I'm even wetter behind the ears....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have me very curios about Falling Rock. Can you tell me more about it, Location, website maybe? I met Duca briefly last Sat at Cerulean.He seems to be a man on a mission.One I feel quite certain he will complete.

By the way...what time is it there? I am seeing about a twenty minute difference between my time and what this board is posting.It confuses me. I know you are one hour ahead of me.Seven pm here is eight pm there, correct?

Falling rock is outside of Louisville in LaGrange KY. Not a whole lot to see but the local dive shops certify there so there are usually some nice people to meet. I normally go there because it is closest. They don't have a web site. I am going there Sunday if you are interested.

You are correct we are an hour ahead of you. The board is usually about 3 hrs ahead of me. In your profile area you can set it to adjust the time you your local time, I think.

Talk to you soon.

Chad

need I say more?

Enjoy your new life!

from

Silverfish,

Thanks for the welcome back. There's been a lot of industry changes in the interim, especially in the variety and quality of equipment.

Yes, coming back to diving after a long layoff is a lot like riding a bicycle. You can still pedal it around, but you don't try any fancy stuff right off the bat. I would imagine the same goes for trap shooting.

Diving, like bike riding, is mostly a psychomotor exercise. The coarse muscle memory 'remembers' a great deal, it's the fine memory that needs the most refreshing, i.e., bouyancy control, proper breathing, weight distribution . . .not to mention getting a bod that's much older back in shape!

I can't say exactly how many dives I had at the time I 'dropped out'. My wife and I estimate it was around 400 dives, mostly in the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. We returned to diving in late May with a two week trip to Bonaire. Including Bonaire, I have logged 38 dives since 'the return'. It's all coming back, somethings quicker than others.

Log keeping back then was not given the emphasis it has today. The PADI logbook was very small, about 4 inches high by 3 inches wide and you logged two dives on each small page! You either learned to write very small, or did a lot of abbreviating!

I note you are thinking about a Bonaire trip in April. Good choice. No reason to be over anxious because both the shore and boat diving are very easy. Most of the dive operations on the island have received very good marks. Check the archives for trip reports, etc.

Have fun in Destin.

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom