Now I Understand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10X:
I think it was Dee or Justleesa, in another message, that stated she takes 100 photos per trip.

Wasn't me. I may take 100 shots in two dives, not per trip! :D

The main thing you have going for you is you are aware of what you need to know. We're talking about those buffoons who don't know and couldn't careless. I'm glad you have control over your bouyancy but trust me, at 22 dives, you still have alot to learn and improve on...we all did. You just need experience and the time to get it. I commend you for your attention to details and preparation ahead of time. I wish all new divers were so conscientious.

Dee:
Dean, unfortunately it only takes one of those types of photographers to give us all a bad rep, leaving the rest of us to defend ourselves. For every 1 bad example there are dozens of consciensious photographers with excellent manners and bouyancy skills. All you can do is strive to be one of those and not the former.

i would say that i am a pretty good diver who photographs, but you do have days when you stir the silt, and you just remember..... next time idiot photograph into the current!

Is it being made a target for preditors? In some areas popular to night dives, it's known that preditors wait just out of the light for a diver to highlight a smaller fish then it swoops in for an easy meal. No picture is worth endangering the creatures. If so, back off. You may not think so but you'll have another chance to capture that fish at another time.

the lion fish in the red sea do this it is quite funny as you can move you dive light round in circles and they follow it (not so fun though for the tiddlers caught in the beam).

personally i would rather dive with another photographer, that way i don't get left on my own, when the rest of the group get fed up looking at one thing for more than 30 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom