Nov 25 - Power back in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea if Bohol is the same but the power is "mostly" back on here although a few places are still off. However, the entire island gets turned off 1am to about 7am every morning. Landline or cable based internet still mostly doesn't work either.

For the past few days the power in the Alona Beach area has only gone off fron around 5 pm to 7 pm. The internet is working.

Power situation is getting worse by the day here. After restoration it was on most of the time, then it started going off more and more with rolling blackouts. Now i'm only getting power at home for about 1 day in 3 (and usually at 2am). Work has had rouhly 6 hours of power in the last 12 days which makes teaching courses, running accommodation and an IDC very very difficult.

Akelco seem to be making the power grid situation worse with every passing day (and keep shifting their deadline for restoration).

Power situation is getting worse by the day here. After restoration it was on most of the time, then it started going off more and more with rolling blackouts. Now i'm only getting power at home for about 1 day in 3 (and usually at 2am). Work has had rouhly 6 hours of power in the last 12 days which makes teaching courses, running accommodation and an IDC very very difficult.

Akelco seem to be making the power grid situation worse with every passing day (and keep shifting their deadline for restoration).

What island or area are you talking about. Your avatar says Egypt but the island is not Bohol...

Gilligan - and for that news I'll look forward to buying you a beer on Christmas day or soon after - as we kept our booking and looking forward to another trip to your little corner of the world :)

Back
Top Bottom