"Not Weight Integrated"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ripcord weight system is not hard to rethread - I think that is a "Scuba Legend" (kinda like those urban legends on horror movies!)

Everyone I have shown how to do it says the same thing. I would suggest that you go to a Zeagle dealer and ask them to show you how easy it is. If they don't KNOW, please contact me on this board, or call me at Zeagle. I have shown literally hundreds of people how to do it - I promise you that if you can change your shoe strings, you can rethread a ripcord!

Scott

Weight integrated isn't too bad. I used it for quite awhile on my first BC (ScubaPro RecTek) and it was pretty decent overall. Having everything all in one place was nice. The soft weights are a little expensive, but not bad. It makes ditching weight easy - I never had to do it, but you just pulled on the little handles and away they went.

I switched to a belt eventually, just because I was getting into cave/technical diving and moved to a backplate and harness. I could have used integrated weights on a harness, but it really clutters up the waist belt, which is where I clip reels and stage/deco bottles so they didn't work too well then.

Before it sounds like this is a SB legend that I'm repeating -- it was actually from a Zeagle owner who had rethreaded it more than once, and he said he had no interest in doing it again... this was during our pre-dive buddy checks.

Omicron:
Weight integrated isn't too bad. I used it for quite awhile on my first BC (ScubaPro RecTek) and it was pretty decent overall. Having everything all in one place was nice. The soft weights are a little expensive, but not bad. It makes ditching weight easy - I never had to do it, but you just pulled on the little handles and away they went.

I switched to a belt eventually, just because I was getting into cave/technical diving and moved to a backplate and harness. I could have used integrated weights on a harness, but it really clutters up the waist belt, which is where I clip reels and stage/deco bottles so they didn't work too well then.
HI Omicron
Have a look at the Bp&W weight pockets Zeagle have.
Here is a very decent write up on them
http://www.diveoz.com.au/gear_reviews/display_review.asp?rid=36

These are what I use and they don't get in the way of the Hip D Rings at all.

Hi KrisB
Maybe I read your post wrong but, why would you dump the weights during a PreDive Check? Thats like pulling the parachute before you leave the ground.

As I said its a a snap to rethread the system in no more than 2 minutes, IF you ever dump them, I have not over 250 dives.

Cheers
Chris

I wouldn't necessarily dump the weights (at least not in the Zeagle system) during a pre-dive check... but I do like to have my buddy double check my weights (both that they're there and that the SureLock is surely locked!).

I have found that double checking the SureLock is better done by unclipping it, then reclipping it, making sure the "click" is completely unmuffled -- if it has more of a "thud" to it, there's a possibility something is caught in there, and redoing it is wise.

:)

Also, the reason it came up in the pre-dive check was a combination of the wonderful BWRAF -- knowing that my buddy had his weights *AND* how to release them if necessary. :)

Back
Top Bottom