Not Quite 40 Years....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joewr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In the Wilderness...

Hi, All,

Way back in 2000 I joined this Board and had a blast with the likes of folks like warhammer, Mad Mario, Iguana Don, Dee (of headrag fame), got4boyz, fishkiller, Texas Mike, keraluca, DameDykker, Rick Murchison, herman, and (even) the infamous NetDoc. And I see that some of those fine folks are still around! King Neptune and ladydiver were the boss hogs back then; NetDoc tried to convince us that a "server" was not the guy who brought you water in the restaurant, but we were somewhat circumspect about that information. If you had said, "digital camera", we would have thought you meant the finger used to press the shutter button!

Speaking of cameras, I took pictures with my Nikonos V, a loyal, if leaky, device. It now owns an honored place right next to my Nikonos III in my office and I currently lug around a Nikon D200 in a Subal Housing. But I still am sticking to my old Sherwood Oasis reg...love it and am not interested in any other reg no matter how many bells, whistles, and whirly-gigs it has. All part of the OF Disease! We did finally give in a few years ago and got some Pro QD BCs with a better integrated system than the old velcro one (I will not reveal how many somewhat early trips to the surface it took before we decided that velcro was a bad idea for weights...).

At any rate, according to the fastidious record keeping on this site, I last posted over 4 years ago...tempus fugit...and real fast! But my best buddy, Wife Barbara, and I have continued to sneak down beneath the waves and keep the fishies company. So, I am going to try to catch up for a bit.

Here's to great diving...

Joewr...this space is still for rent for messages...the price is right, but no R-Rated messages will be accepted...

Welcome back to the ScubaBoard! Hope you have a great a time this go around....:wink:

Welcome back to the ScubaBoard! Hope you have a great a time this go around....:wink:

Thank you, Ocean One!

It is nice to be back, but, wow, Doc has really grown this site. It hardly resembles what we had when it first started up. It is an excellent resource for divers new and experienced.

The one thing that characterized the Board when I first joined was a sense of comeraderie and humor. We all knew that diving held its perils and that the key to happiness was paying attention to details and diving safely. But we also knew that, for most of us, it was recreation and therefore should be fun. Hence, we tended to add a bit of humor to our discussions. I'm eager to see if that culture still exists...

Again, thanks for the welcome!

joewr...looking, lurking, and living large...well, medium large, anyhow...and three dots still work well for dividing thoughts...

Welcome back. Things sure have changed a lot over the years. I can remember the old days when I responed to pretty much every post and always to a new member. In those days there were so few post that you could read and respond to them all. Now days, I can even start to read a small part of them, much less respond to them. I think a lot of the comeraderie is still here but it's segragated into smaller subgroups, the vintage bunch for example. A good many of us know each other and have dove together.
Dee, Walter and Rich show up from time to time but I have not heard from the rest in years. It would be cool to get the all back for an old timers reunion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom