not automatically logging in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve,
I was only kidding - you did good. I just wish Gates would make self maintaining software. This stuff is over-complicated junk.

Steve_S:
You Welcome :)

In my last post I asked some questions and gave you a step by step to attempt to resolve your issues.

I'm hear to help and really don't exspect a free trip to Disneyland but I can't really help you if you aren't willing to meet me half way.

Frankly and respectfully, many of the procedures I mentioned should be performed on a regular basis. Consider it kinda like your pre-dive check list or checking your UW rig before a dive and after a dive.

Thank you :)

Dee:
Warren & Suemermaid....I deleted the temporary internet files and the history files. Then I completely logged off and shut down the computer. Back on, logged into SB, read a few posts, went to other websites and I'm still logged on in SB. Try it, it may work for you.

I'm hoping right after the first of the year. TechAdmin has taken the holidays off for a well deserved web rest but as soon as he gets back, we'll get him working to fishing the gallery as soos as he can. I don't understand nearly all he has to do to finish all the ins and outs of this new site but he'll get to the gallery when he can.

Hi Dee, finally got it working. Did what you said, as well, went in and deleted the scubaboard cookies. I did that originally, but did not realize there were multiple cookies for scubaboard for some reason. Once I deleted them all, it seems to have kept the latest settings.

:)

Nope. Still not working on either machine. :(

SueMermaid:
Nope. Still not working on either machine. :(

SueMermaid - have you deleted the old cookies? I did a search on my system for "cookie" and went into the directory and deleted multiple scubaboard cookies in addition to what Dee suggested and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Grajan:
Steve,
I was only kidding - you did good. I just wish Gates would make self maintaining software. This stuff is over-complicated junk.

LOL

Thanks and I certainly agree. Even though it would mean a new profession for me. Then you toss into this mix the "nasty" stuff that web sites can do to your system plus all the free spyware software that some install and you have a super complex issue which could affect your ability to use SB.

Question: Is anyone left with an issue? These would be folks who have already done the following but still can't hold a cookie aka stay loged in to SB:

1. Deleated cookies
2. Followed my step by step instructions in this thread. Located here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=466359&postcount=13

<Note: each post in a thread has a unique number (top right corner) so you can link directly to a given post. Very handy and a great time saver in long threads. :)>

Dive safe :)

Steve:
Thanks for stepping in. Most of the board does not know your backround. But, I do.
Steve is THE MAN. I will vouch for him.
All your help past, and present is greatly appreciated, Steve!
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom