not automatically logging in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donclaypool

Contributor
Reaction score
I checked the remember me box but it doesn't? Is this an issue that eventually needs correction or am I doing something wrong. It worked fine before.

Don

I too am having some glitchy problems, they perhaps still need to work out some bugs?
Rob

(major edit)

I thought I completly understood the problem...

I noticed that I.E. is giving a privacy report while in Medium settings because www.scubaboard.com is advertising some cookies as http://69.93.91.170 instead of http://www.scubaboard.com. IE then goes on to say that because it can't locate the privacy policy it won't grant the cookie.

But the login cookie seems to be coming from scubaboard.com. I messed around with my settings alot, and I now think the problem is simply as deleing your old scubaboard cookies (or blast them all if you are adventerous ) and then it will work.

I think the message on logoff of "deleted all cookies" is wrong... I think its deleting the NEW definition of the cookie but failing to delete the old definition so IE never sees the new one.

Either way its working for me now.

Given what Chris has explained, this issue will fix its self when the domain finishes propegating within 24-48 hous.

I just did a major edit because of some additional behavior I noticed.

Tech Admin:
Given what Chris has explained, this issue will fix its self when the domain finishes propegating within 24-48 hous.

I note that this is over a day old but I'm having the same problem--after 20 or so minutes I must log in again.

Still had the problem today, so I deleted all my cookies. Seems to work now.

For those of you with problems you probably still have an old cookie in your system.

To fix your problems, try deleting all your cookies (hit f1 for help on doing that). Once your cookies are gone, close all browser windows and open a new one back up for www.scubaboard.com. Login and be sure to check the little "remember me" box. This should solve your long-term login issues.

I am not inclined to delete all my cookies - some of them are actually useful. do you know how the scubaboard cookie is named? I lookd for the obvious but could not find it.

Thanks

Graham

Tech Admin:
For those of you with problems you probably still have an old cookie in your system.

To fix your problems, try deleting all your cookies (hit f1 for help on doing that). Once your cookies are gone, close all browser windows and open a new one back up for www.scubaboard.com. Login and be sure to check the little "remember me" box. This should solve your long-term login issues.

Back
Top Bottom