Not Another Air Integration Thread....well, Sort Of..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My revo has (2) Shearwaters. ( Petrel RMS controller and a Nerd monitor). I love both. I was recently looking at an innovation on another rebreather where the O2 and Dil SPGs were eliminated and the pressures were shown on the controller. This was not done with wireless or bluetooth but with a wired connection.

So -my questions - are there any plans to offer such technology for Shearwater controlled CCR's in the future? Perhaps an electronics bolt on that would allow the removal of Dil and O2 gauges, instead showing pressures on the shearwater?

I am aware that many CCR divers have started to eliminate the gauges anyway - but Im not comfortable with that....

So - Im sort of asking about air integration...but not in the sense that most ask about...thus the title.

Why? those SPG's barely move and they don't take up any space. Just curious. Maybe in the future the DiveCan system would adopt something like that.

However I see no reason for it to exist.

That would involve adding some kind of hardwired pressure sensor attachment on the o2 and dil 1st stages and then tying that into the eccr head dive bus and feeding the info through the fischer connection.

DiveCan is closed source - however CAN bus - the protocol DiveCan abstracts is open source and given enough time someone will come up with something like what you want.

Here's a thread where shearwater talks about DiveCan and what it can/could possibly do.

What is DiveCAN® and why would I care?

This is also worth a read.

Dive CAN/ISCAN/CAN Bus - what's the fuss? - Page 2

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom