Not a new diver, but new to the forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChadJ

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
But I have the skills of a new diver because I don't often get to go and seem to have to relearn everything every time I do. I'm Californian by birth but have lived in Manhattan for the last 20 years until I just last month moved to New Jersey. I've been diving in a few places now but my favorite diving so far was probably in Grand Cayman or Cebu or Port Douglas. Looking forward to picking up tips here.

Speaking of which, I discovered this forum because I recently booked a flight to Manado in Indonesia and wanted to get recommendations on an itinerary for the area. Any particular forum I should go to to beg for ideas?

Thanks

Chad J

New Jersey, USA

Welcome to the board Chad! You will discover lots of useful information here. I however have never been to Indonesia so I can't help you with that info.

Welcome. Not personally familiar with Indonesia. You booked a flight before establishing an itinerary, so I have to ask, is your trip about something other than diving, but you want to get some diving in while you're there? How long do you plan to be over there?

Richard.

Welcome. Not personally familiar with Indonesia. You booked a flight before establishing an itinerary, so I have to ask, is your trip about something other than diving, but you want to get some diving in while you're there? How long do you plan to be over there?

Richard.

Hi Richard. The trip is 90% about diving/snorkeling. I found a very reasonably priced flight so I went ahead and booked it assuming I'd find somewhere to dive. This is a little more chaotic than I usually do these things but I'm running our of dates this year I can go on a trip like this. I'm only going to be there for two weeks, and I want to spend a couple of days looking for land critters in Tangkoko as well. But mostly I just want to be in the water as much as possible.

Regards

Chad

Welcome to SB from a Yonkers native. Have you dived any of the local crappy dive sites around the metro area in your 20 years?

Welcome, I am a new diver~~

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida...good luck with your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom