Not A Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are heading to the Mayan Riviera/Cancun area in June/2008. We are going off-season specifically to look into purchasing a place there that will eventually be our seasonal retirement home. I'm 53 and several years from retirement but the Canadian dollar is at high that I may never see again in my lifetime. I thinking the time to invest in a property is now. I intend on getting a last minute sell off to an AI resort and renting a car for the week. I have several places that I have found on the internet that I would like to see. 'Bucaneros' at Puerto Morelos has the early lead in price and features. Our future plans would be to spend New Years to May in Mexico. She would never be away from the family at Christmas. I would like some advice/input from any seasonally transplanted Canadians/Americans (I think we are still speaking) living in the area. Having the opportunity to dive the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence all summer and Mexican caves/reefs all winter is my idea of retirement. It will also give me a base for friends and family (or whoever) for dive trips south until we retire.

My wife and I are heading to the Mayan Riviera/Cancun area in June/2008. We are going off-season specifically to look into purchasing a place there that will eventually be our seasonal retirement home. I'm 53 and several years from retirement but the Canadian dollar is at high that I may never see again in my lifetime. I thinking the time to invest in a property is now. I intend on getting a last minute sell off to an AI resort and renting a car for the week. I have several places that I have found on the internet that I would like to see. 'Bucaneros' at Puerto Morelos has the early lead in price and features. Our future plans would be to spend New Years to May in Mexico. She would never be away from the family at Christmas. I would like some advice/input from any seasonally transplanted Canadians/Americans (I think we are still speaking) living in the area. Having the opportunity to dive the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence all summer and Mexican caves/reefs all winter is my idea of retirement. It will also give me a base for friends and family (or whoever) for dive trips south until we retire.

You might want to post this on Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info. That forum has a lot of expats posting there. Personally, I have never liked PM, it just has a strange feeling about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom