Nose pain With Cressi Big Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanluge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me with the Cressi Big eyes.. they seem to push up on the bottom of my nose and after 5-10 minutes into the dive it becomes quite painful.. I think it's because I have a longer nose.. I thought i would just get used to it but it's been bothering me for a while..

Has anyone else experienced this? if so can u recommend a set that might fit my face better?

here's a picture of what's happening, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of my website and you'll see it

http://seanl.weebly.com/gallery.html

I've never had a problem with my Big Eyes. I found the mask so comfortable and well-sealed that I've bought 4 of them so far.

Of course, mask fit is a very individual issue. Looking at your picture, it does seem that your nose is very squashed within the nose pocket. You could try and wear the mask 'lower' on your face. Also, make sure that the mask strap is not over-tightened (a common mistake).

The best long-term solution is to do some research and find a mask that fits you perfectly. It's hard to suggest options for that online. The best bet is to identify a dive shop that holds a large stock of different masks. Visit, try them all on...and pick the best.

Even though I have identified a good mask for me (the Big Eyes), I still make a point to try on new masks when I see them available in LDS that I visit. The quest for the perfect mask never ceases :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom