Northern California Scuba & Spearfishing Club Or Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Community,

I just received my open water certification and have a full set of gear. I am looking for diving and spearfishing partners, people or clubs in northern CA. I live in Sacramento CA.

Anyone have a group or friends they dive with and need additional people to dive with?

I currently have no one to dive with and would rather not start my diving adventures alone as this isn't necessarily safe.

Look up the North Coast Divers
northcoastdivers.org
Or
norcalunderwaterhunters.com

The first is a scuba club primarily and does a beach dive somewhere on the coast between Monterey and Mendocino the first Saturday of each month.
The second is primarily a freedive spearfishing club, but I'm not sure if they have planned dives or if it's just a buddy finding service.
Hope that helps.
Welcome to the board BTW.

Marin Diving Center has once a month fun dives in Monterey and the Sonoma Coast it's not a club anybody can show up and dive with them. Sports Cove in Vacaville has a dive club that meets once a month I'm not sure how active they are but they keep asking me to come to the meetings just haven't made it yet.
Welcome to the diving world!

I'm in the same situation, new to the scuba world and looking for a dive club or buddy in Northern California. I have a full set of gear for warm water as I had originally planned on diving on vacation mainly, this is not the case anymore as I have become seriously addicted to diving and just want to get back in the water! Feel free to message me if you get out a dive.

Just a reminder, we are out diving almost every weekend now. We will be camping at Ocean Cove- I'll be doing a couple of tanks Saturday, and going for some abs on Sunday. Please feel free to call me at 707-293-3555 if you want to get in the water!

-Blaine

Sweet nice to see some people replying to this. I actually forgot what website i posted this on as my phone has taken the final plunge into non-existence haha. I would love to get hooked up with some of you guys for regular dives. I live in Sacramento, anyone near that area?

@NorCalDM I haven't been on a dive with MDC for their fun dives but I wanted to chime in that they are my favorite shop in the SF Bay Area and they're awesome. They have excellent customer service, will price match, are honest and won't upsell you, are open to special ordering, etc. They also have a pool on site so you can hop in to try.

Sweet nice to see some people replying to this. I actually forgot what website i posted this on as my phone has taken the final plunge into non-existence haha. I would love to get hooked up with some of you guys for regular dives. I live in Sacramento, anyone near that area?
As a matter of fact, Seals Water Sports in Santa Rosa is having a fun dive at Still Water Cove in Sonoma County on Sunday, August 21st at 8:00 am. It's free just show up. I'll be there, it's been a very long time since I've done anything with a shop or club so it will be fun. A lot of people will probably be ab diving. I plan to burn a tank or two for sure.
Show up, it will be fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom