North Sumatra-Thailand Scuba Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimA

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
From October 5 to October 20, 2009

I.O.Adventures will be returning M/V Mahtab to Ranong, Thailand from Simeulue Island, Sumatra, Indonesia. Along the 550NM voyage, we will be diving,surfing and exploring the last frontier of the vast Indonesia Archipelago. Along with exploring the offshore islands and coastline of N.W Sumatra we will scuba dive the spectacular dive sites of Pulau Weh. From Pulau Weh we then cross the Straits of Mallacca to the fabulous resort island of Phuket,Thailand.
After a day of discovery in Phuket we will then depart for a scuba diving expedition to the world class dive sites of Thailand's Andaman Sea. These sites include the Similan Islands, Koh Bon and Tachai, Surin, and the remarkable Richelieu Rock.
This marine expedition is 14 days, begins at Sumatra's Simeulue Island and ends at the Thai/Burmese border town of Ranong, Thailand.

Only 8 berths will be made available.

Price: 1046usd

(Price includes Thai National Marine Park (Similans and Surin) entrance and scuba diving fees)
For more information go to M/V Mahtab or contact ioadventures@yahoo.com

Would you be able to post a daily dive agenda or at least how many dives will be available each day of the trip. This sounds like a boat repositioning trip and if so I would like to determine if diving would be available each day and in which quantity so I could then evaluate how competitive the price is for such a trip.

John

I like that! Repositioning Trip! :D Yes we are going even if we don't have any guest. Yes but its a 2 week (14 day) repositioning trip. Only on the transit from Pulau Weh to Phuket (24hours) will we not be diving. How many dives can you do in 2 weeks? How many do you want? I will make a plan! This trip will be about scuba diving. We Love to scuba dive also! After a short boatyard period in Ranong we will stay diving in Burma for November and December before we reposition back to Pulau Weh. Would you like to reposition with us? :blinking:

or at least how many dives will be available each day of the trip.

Sorry for the late reply, we have been doing reef surveys out at the Banyak Islands for the last weeks.

I would say that the minimum number of dives (for the 2 week period) will be 39.
Because 3 x 13 = 39. If your superstitious about the 3 prime numbers then make it a minimum of 40 dives. Thats a minimum. If you and a dive buddy want more dives in a day and its safe, Go for it! I don't know if its a bargain or not but its the least we can do.

Cheers

Just in:

A photo expose' by our very own "Incredible Mr Limpet", "Nuclear Physicist"
Dr. Peter Landecker of our expedition south from Thailand to North Sumatra.
And a side trip into the rainforest of Sumatra

I.O.Adventures Dive Expedition/March-April 2009

After a short boatyard period in Ranong we will stay diving in Burma for November and December before we reposition back to Pulau Weh.

In light of recent political developments in Burma/Myanmar we will not be diving there.

Best Regards

Wow, this sounds right up my alley. Unfortunately I am not going to be back in SE Asia until the start of next year at earliest. Do you do the reverse relocation trip and what time of year is that?

Wow, this sounds right up my alley. Unfortunately I am not going to be back in SE Asia until the start of next year at earliest. Do you do the reverse relocation trip and what time of year is that?

Thanks for your interest in our trip from Simeulue Island to Ranong,Thailand.
In light of our recent discoveries of new dive sites along the east and northwest coast of Simeulue we will be offering a trip annually from Simeulue to Ranong,Thailand via dive sites at Pulau Weh, Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Surins and Richelieu Rk.
The trip will be each November and will be between 14 to 16 days. We are now intending to explore further the west coast of Simeulue as soon as the calm period of weather during January and February begins. This region (the Aceh province of North Sumatra) is beginning to develop more quickly now that the separatist movement has ceased.
For more information about Simeulue go to Simeulue Island. Anyone interested in diving or surfing or doing terrestrial explorations of Simeulue or interested in the North Sumatra (Simeulue) to Thailand Dive Expedition can contact us at I.O.Adventures

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom