North or South Belize on a budget!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glover's is my favorite. I love diving there. We do all of the atolls from Placencia and one way we do them is an overnight trip where we leave Placencia early, have breakfast on the boat, dive Southwater Caye, back on the boat for snacks and surface interval on the way to The Elbow at Turneffe, then late lunch on the way to The Aquarium at Lighthouse, overnight at a resort on a caye, then dive the Blue Hole before breakfast and before the other dive boats get there (and it makes for a better Blue Hole dive), then back to the caye for breakfast and then dive Turneffe and Southwater on the way back to Placencia.

Ralph, that sounds like a trip I'd be interested in doing this June.

Except I might sleep in till breakfast and skip the Blue Hole, LOL.

Thanks everyone especially Gaz for your input here. I have booked with Cap'n Ron's and Reef adventures and included the Blue Hole/Lighthouse reef 3 tank and Turneffe Atoll 3tank along with 9 other local dives and may add more when we get there. I always leave one day unplaned in case we discover something that we do not want to pass up while we are there. Most often we just end up adding a dive day but you never know.

Of couse I wiil file a trip report after I get back and post some video out on vimeo. I put some raw footage from palau out there the other day. I am just learning how to do that. I am sure my video posts will improve. I made a good DVD of the dive we did at New Drop off and I am getting better with the Pinnacle software.

Any how thanks again for the great info.

Hey Ralph

Ched runs the diving he used to work for me and is a nice guy and am sure he will take care of you say hi to him for me.

Make sure your Turneffe trip is to THE ELBOW and not Northern Turneffe as thats where you want to dive and if you dont stipulate they may put you on a northern Turneffe trip which is nice but its the Elbow you will want to dive.

regards

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom