North Kitsap Co. "String of Pearls" - Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a long meeting with the state DFW folks on Friday on another Scuba-related project that I'll have more information on later (hint - free fold-out Scuba Puget Sound dive site map and related video).

However, a lady in attendance was the marketing person from Kitsap County Visitor's Bureau. She is interested in promoting scuba diving as an activity in her county. One of the very interesting things she had to say was that the county commissioner is now working with recreational groups to reclaim road ends from historical, illegal property owner incursions. All the county is asking is for groups to maintain them and/or develop uses for them, they will fight the legal battles. (an example of this type of access is Three Tree PT and Day Island; roads were platted into the water)

The idea is to open up access to public shoreline uses. They have a non-profit group working on kayaking and hiking access and linking some of the sites together with parks, etc.

See: North Kitsap String of Pearls

She wondered about dive sites in this area. There are some, but most of it is sandy or very high cliffs, etc. I think. If anyone has information on possible dive sites around the northern Kitsap peninsula, I'd like to know about them for possible research on shore access and inclusion on the map, etc.

Thanks,
Jack

Peter and I were going to go out and see whether there was any shore access in the President's Point area -- the charts indicate that there's a wreck just south of the point. I haven't been there to look, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom