north coast condition.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JQuesada

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey folks,

ive been looking at swell conditions but was wondering if anyone has had eyes on what the conditions around van damme/mendo area are like and are supposed to be for the next few days?

Thanks a bunch :)

JQ

I think you are suffering from Sacramento syndrome.

Forecast has the swell coming up fast overnight. Monterey will be well past my limits the next couple of days, and the North Coast will be bigger and more exposed.

It should lay down some by the weekend. Saturday looks better than Sunday.

Van Damme looked like crap today. The ocean looks flat, but when the swell gets to the reef, its whitewater. Inside is choppy and looks very dirty, I was up there for work so I didn't get in. and I may not have anyway.

Bob
--------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Last edited:
I looked at the cove at Jack Peters Creak a few minutes ago… pretty sloppy out there — loud pounding all night. Like Bob mentioned, Van Damme was a washing machine around noon yesterday. It was excellent on Sunday, 12-20' vis and pretty flat. A storm rolled in Sunday night and dumped a lot of rain and some wind. It is improving so the weekend has some promise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom