North Carolina inshore pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, after a 10 month hiatus due to numerous blowouts, I finally got to try the z240 strobe in NC. The viz was ok for this time of year (15-20 feet) with a lot of particulate. I was able to get some descent shots for me - it was nice having the long strobe arms (vs my old af35) to position the strobe at a larger angle from the subject to reduce backscatter. The dive site was the old dredge wreck (aka the playa) only about 14 miles of the coast (still in the green water).

toadfish.jpg

seacucumber1.jpg

juvinillescorpion.jpg

toadfish2.jpg

flounder.jpg

That first little sculpin is a cutie!

That first little sculpin is a cutie!
Thanks, I do not claim to be an expert in identification, but I was under the impression it was an oyster toadfish? (or is sculpin a generic name for several fish in the family?)

Looks like you had fun. Thanks for the pics, those were challenging conditions I bet.

You are shooting a single Z240 with??

N

Looks like you had fun. Thanks for the pics, those were challenging conditions I bet.

You are shooting a single Z240 with??

N
with a nikon p 5100 -

I had to laugh, here is a pic from the same site (and probably better conditions) two years ago when I was shooting a coolpix L11 (simple P&S) with a AF35 strobe, and when I was just starting to shoot pix

toadfish.jpg

Oh, yeah, sorry, I knew what you had, just was not thinking clear.

Yes, wow, what an improvement :).

N

You got great pics. I'm always interested in seeing shots from the warm temperate environment (such as NC), rather than the usual tropical stuff. Thanks for posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom