North Carolina Four-day Wreck, Shark & CCR Getaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt Stearns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am once again organizing a four-day North Carolina Wreck, Shark & CCR getaway with Olympus Dive Center - Olympus Dive Center in Morehead City, North Carolina. I am particularly calling out to all KISS CCR divers

Contact me at walt.kissccr@gmail.com

Details:
This will be a Rebreather Only Charter on the dates of July 9, 10, 11 & 12, 2012.
Depths (to the bottom) will be between 90 and 130 feet. Dive profiles will comprise of up 90min runtimes for all CCR dives with a 90min Surface Interval in between.

During which time we will be targeting such wrecks as the Carib Sea, Papoose, Shurz, U-352 and just about anywhere where sandtiger sharks abound. Exact site destinations will be based on weather conditions and group preference. If conditions are good for it, and the group is open to an additional fee to cover additional fuel costs, additional wrecks we will look at include the Naeco (depth 140 feet) and the Proteus (really good for big sandtigers).

I am particularly calling out to all KISS CCR divers as this will be a great trip for those who want to be in the company of fellow KISS CCR divers, as well as a great time to get some pretty cool pictures. So you should bring your camera, I will be bringing mine, as well as being of service regarding photo tips and how-to’s.

We will be chartering the Midnight Express, so space is limited to 12 CCR divers.
Daily trip fee is $155 per diver.

For lodging in the Morehead City you have the following choices:
Olympus Dive Center’s Lodge (located across the street) for $34 a night (this is a dorm type setup requiring you to supply your own bunk linens).

Holiday Inn Express - 252-247-5001 (Newest and perhaps the nicest in town!)
Morehead City Hotels - Holiday Inn Express Hotels Morehead City Hotel in Morehead City | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free

Hampton Inn - 252-240-2300
Morehead City Hotels - Hampton Inn Morehead City Hotel

Quality Inn - 252-247-3434
Morehead City, North Carolina Quality Inn Hotel - Quality Inn Hotel near the NC Seafood Festival in Morehead City, NC

Buccaneer Inn - 252-726-3115
Buccaneer Inn Magnuson Hotel - Magnuson Hotels

All CCR diver must have the following:

• A recognized unit that is supported by a manufacturer. No home built units.
  • A recognized certification card from a reputable rebreather training agency consistent with the planned dives.
  • A minimum of 20 logged hours on the unit, which should include experience performing CCR dives deeper than 100 feet in an open water environment. [NC is not the place for your first 120’ open ocean rebreather dive]

Attachments

• Sport KISS_07.jpg
    Sport KISS_07.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Sport KISS_10.jpg
    Sport KISS_10.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 113
  • U-352.jpg
    U-352.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 143
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back