North Carolina diving -- Lions, and tigers, and bears....Oh, my!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Okay, there were no "bears", but we did have lots of lion fish and sand tiger sharks. I just got back from several days of diving the wrecks off North Carolina on my Sport Kiss rebreather. There were four of us all on a Sport Kiss -- myself, my daughter, Walt Stearns, and Alan Studley. We hit the U-352, the Schurz, and the Carib Sea. It was a great trip. The lack of bubbles and prolonged bottom times were great for photography.

northcarolinajuly2007crw_6115a.jpg

northcarolinajuly2007crw_6043a.jpg

northcarolinajuly2007crw_5918a.jpg

northcarolinajuly2007crw_5925a.jpg

northcarolinajuly2007crw_5981a.jpg

northcarolinajuly2007crw_5996a.jpg

There are more photos here:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=110

Doug

Oh, man, those are once-in-a-lifetime shark pictures . . . Fun! Thanks for putting them up!

Love the density of fish behind the sharks, too.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing. The NC wrecks continue to be high on my "must dive" list. Hopefully next year.

Really nice shots of the sharks and lionfish

TSandM:
Oh, man, those are once-in-a-lifetime shark pictures . . . Fun! Thanks for putting them up!

Love the density of fish behind the sharks, too.

Thankfully, shots like these are actually pretty common. These sharks don't seem to mind divers on OC , I suspect a RB is totally ignored. Up close interaction with the sandtigers here is very common.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom