nOOb's First Attempts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just got back from Kona (Puako, actually) where I tried out my new camera. I'm not a photographer, this was my first attempt and the camera is a cheep 3.3MP (Sea Life DC310). I took about a zillion shots, and here are a few of the ones that didn't look like a blurry blob of goo:

BTW, check out what's under the turtle's head.

Great!! I love that you aren't afraid to crop, too. I know it seems a silly thing, but some people get really upset about it. To me, it's one more tool.

Love the squidly - gorgeous colours!!

That manta is neat with all the food in the water. Do you know if the lesions are from where he's been touched by ppl or just where he's bumped into stuff? Sometimes the mantas will develop pink lesions after being touched repeatedly....doesn't seem to really do them any harm (at least short term) but looks icky and who knows if it itches them or not!

Rick, great pictures. I love looking down inside the manta's body when their mouth is open!

You got some great shots...love the octo.

Thanks for the encouragement!
alcina:
Do you know if the lesions are from where he's been touched by ppl or just where he's bumped into stuff? Sometimes the mantas will develop pink lesions after being touched repeatedly....doesn't seem to really do them any harm (at least short term) but looks icky and who knows if it itches them or not!
The DMs in Kona will take you right out of the water if you touch a Manta, but I did have a couple bump into my light.

This one's name is Calamity Jane and she's an old one with lots of age showing - wrinkles, etc. The her left ... mandible(??) has been deformed from birth.

Rick Inman:
Thanks for the encouragement!

The DMs in Kona will take you right out of the water if you touch a Manta, but I did have a couple bump into my light.

This one's name is Calamity Jane and she's an old one with lots of age showing - wrinkles, etc. The her left ... mandible(??) has been deformed from birth.

Cephalic lobes :wink:

Probably a klutz then - it's always amazing to me how many sea creatures actually run into things and are a bit un-co at times :D

I love manta shots with food, some people like them all pretty in clear water but give me action any day! Though I'll take those clear water ones, too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom