Noob question about "Status"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddthecat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've noticed on the left side under profile names some people have stars under their status, others have contributor, instructor, etc. I understand the stars reflect number of posts. Is this true with instructor+ statuses as well? I'm an instructor but do not have such a rating. Just curious...There seems to be no information around regarding it...

To get the instructor rating under your name, you have to apply to the I2I forum and give enough information that SB can verify your status.

I believe the stars aren't number of posts, but some kind of positive feedback meter. I'm not sure. The number of posts is lower in the box.

I've noticed on the left side under profile names some people have stars under their status, others have contributor, instructor, etc. I understand the stars reflect number of posts. Is this true with instructor+ statuses as well? I'm an instructor but do not have such a rating. Just curious...There seems to be no information around regarding it...

All the information is here:

ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: General Forum Usage

It can be found under "How many posts do I need to get ___ stars?" and " How many posts do I need for ___ user title?"

The information on an instructor rating is here:

ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: Special Access Forums

under "How can I gain access to the Instructor to Instructor forums?"

Back
Top Bottom