Non-liveaboard recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are only 2 good sites that I can remember. The rest are quite normal or nothing special for me.
You don't go Fuvahmulah to look for critters or coral. It is for the Tiger, Oceanic Manta, Silver Tip, Thresher, Great Hammerhead (if lucky) etc.

1. Tiger Zoo for the Tiger Sharkssss
2. Fuvahmulah South Plateau

PS: The sunset in Fuvahmulah at Geiymiskih Fannu is beautiful and you can drop by Cool Banana for dinner after that.

Only two good sites where? Vaavu Atoll or Fuvamulah?
So I have booked my tickets already now, guess 5 days is too much considering the limited number of great dive sites? I probably stick to 2 dives per day on a few days then and do some sight-seeing.

Only two good sites where? Vaavu Atoll or Fuvamulah?
So I have booked my tickets already now, guess 5 days is too much considering the limited number of great dive sites? I probably stick to 2 dives per day on a few days then and do some sight-seeing.
Fuvahmulah. The other sites around the Island can be dived but it is nothing special IMHO.
5 Days is alright. I did more than 6 dives at Tiger Zoo when I am last there.. Every dives you can see different sizes of tiger sharks etc. You can also do multiple dives at Fuvahmulah South.

They normally do Reef Dive or go Tiger zoo for Afternoon dive. They don't typically go Fuvahmulah South in the afternoon. There is no night dive on the island due to presence of Tiger Sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom