Noisy bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chavella

Reaction score
The bubbles my Genesis regulator emmits are obnoxiously noisy. Well, I think it's the bubbles. It's very detracting from the serenity of being under water. Will replacing the 2nd stage (while keeping the same 1st) solve this problem? Thanks for any helpful ideas.

chavella:
The bubbles my Genesis regulator emmits are obnoxiously noisy. Well, I think it's the bubbles. It's very detracting from the serenity of being under water. Will replacing the 2nd stage (while keeping the same 1st) solve this problem? Thanks for any helpful ideas.
Rent a different reg and than you'll know whether yours is making very noisy bubbles or is it normal.

Go vintage with a two hose regulator and get those pesky bubbles behind you.

Captain

Buy an Atomic regulator (M1, B2, Z1, T1 or 2) I have a B2 and if I had to dump all of my gear in an emergency, I would take the time to unscrew my B2 to take it with me. Yes, it is that GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY Quiet!!!!!!!!!!1

You may also find that in time, you will slow your breathing way down - and when the bubbles come out slower - they will not be as much of a concern. Try taking your inhales on a slow 4 or 5 count, but exhale slowly while counting to 10...

That will have a dramatic effect on your bubble noise, and give you much more bottom time as well!

My Dacor reg made a loud "moo" sound on my first dive with it. While I love cows, it was rather annoying, so I finished the dive with my octo and took it to the dive shop that day. I apparently had a bad diaphragm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom