Nocturnal SL50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I seen the article and have been to the website for Noctunal lights. I was wondering if I could get some real feedback on the Nocturnal SL50 from anyone who might own such a light. It's my first light and for $330.00 I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm the kind of person who likes to do a lot of research and buy something that is going to last because I take good care of it and it's a high quality product.

Thank You in advance for responding, if anyone does........Tim

im not fimilar with it but sounds intresting...
do you have a link?

http://www.nocturnallights.com/comp.../category_id,13/option,com_phpshop/Itemid,38/

It looks interesting... the burn time is pretty abysmal for all of the bulbs.

Scubatoys was just talking about something they picked up at DEMA and will be carrying....

$299 for a 21 watt HID (that is brighter than even a 50 watt halogen like in the NL50) that is rechargeable and has a long burn time.

I'd either hold off for that or spend $500 for a nice 10 watt HID canister light with FOUR HOUR burn time... http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=17764

tribaltim:
Hello everyone,

I seen the article and have been to the website for Noctunal lights. I was wondering if I could get some real feedback on the Nocturnal SL50 from anyone who might own such a light. It's my first light and for $330.00 I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm the kind of person who likes to do a lot of research and buy something that is going to last because I take good care of it and it's a high quality product.

Thank You in advance for responding, if anyone does........Tim

I ordered one of their demo lights, which are 35% off, plus you can get the 15% discount for scubabourd members, so it comes out to about $180 + shipping for the SL50. I thought it was a really good deal, so I ordered one, but haven't received it yet, so can't give feedback.

*Floater*:
I ordered one of their demo lights, which are 35% off, plus you can get the 15% discount for scubabourd members, so it comes out to about $180 + shipping for the SL50. I thought it was a really good deal, so I ordered one, but haven't received it yet, so can't give feedback.

Floater,

How did you get the 15% discount for being a Scubaboard member? I'm not sure where I would enter that information on the website or should I just call and order it over the phone?

tribaltim:
Floater,

How did you get the 15% discount for being a Scubaboard member? I'm not sure where I would enter that information on the website or should I just call and order it over the phone?

Here's the post about the coupon code: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=108664

Just enter it into the coupon box when making the order.

Thanks guys, let me know how you guys like the lights after you use them :)

Back
Top Bottom