Divevolk Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ilyan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I’m strongly considering to get a Divevolk 4 enclosure and was looking at their full tray and light setup.

It’s pricey but the lights appear to have good specs on the paper at 5000 lumens each for roughly $359/light.

Does anyone have experience with these
SeaLight Series SL50 5000lm lights? I’m very cautious about them especially with such short warranty…

Any recommendation you could provide? Are they good or should I look elsewhere? If so anything specific I should consider?

I’ve been doing land photography for a long time but just getting into UW photo/video. I’ve tried out DJI Action 3 without lights or red filter mostly post processing and not too impressed. I started looking at enclosures after I was on the boat with another diver who used sealife enclosure with duo light package but the touch screen of the phone has a great appeal to me over third party app using Bluetooth. I will be using my iPhone 14 pro with insurance.

I would appreciate any feedback and guidance.

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,
Here is Part 1 of our just-released underwater review of the DiveVolk 4.

Part 1 focuses on Image quality, Ease of getting unique shots and especially the durability of the flexible touch screen during 30+ days of shore diving on Bonaire this year.

The future Part 2 will focus on the Pros and Cons of this housing compared to traditional housings and the usage of the DiveVolk.

The future Part 3 will cover the best settings to maximize smartphone computational imagery and easy color correction.

Enjoy,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom