Nocturnal Lights SLX 800t - LED EXCHANGE, is it possible? - Some Bricolage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moding lights is surprisingly complex. It's not just a simple remove and replace. Go over to candlepowerforums.com and check out the threads there.

By no means an exhaustive list:

How many lumens the emitter produces is a function of the current it is given.
The voltage from the battery will drop continuously if not using a driver (see dealextreme.com for many of them)
the driver needs to match the battery pack and the led(s)
don't wire together a LiIon battery pack without knowing what you are doing unless you want to make an explosive device

Hi,

I haven't received the batteries yet, but I believe that they are 3900ma, as soon as I have it in my hands I will full charge it and do some measurements and tests. I will publish the results in this forum.

@ raftingtigger - thanks for your advice, I will take that in mind of course and gonna investigate a bit more. My first question was if it's possible just simple swap one by the other by base on that this torch already have 3 LEDs, they are full functional and with a drive that works with it, so if it was possible swap just one f the LEDs for a powerful one I have the best o tow worlds, good open spot light for illumination and video if necessary and a very good and very powerful long distance spot for signalling torch.
Thanks for all your advices and help.

Back
Top Bottom