NOAA or Navy dive manual, tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leam

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I like reading books...

After Walt's book, are there others that are "must reads" for PSD work? I'm thinking in particular of the NOAA and Navy dive manuals, unless there are others that are more appropriate for us. UWCSI is already on the radar, though I'm hoping to hit a DRI class first.

What tables do PSD folks use? Does it matter, as long as your team uses the same ones?

Thanks!

Leam

If you are looking for "How to..." books, there are a number of really good text books out there. However if I had to list two "must reads" for PSD in the area of reference material I'd have to say....

Cpl. Bob Teather's (C.V.) book "Encyclopedia of Underwater Investigations" is still the benchmark to which all other books are measured.

Stephen Barsky's "Diving in High Risk Environments". If you finish reading the chapter on all the little critters in the water and ever do a work dive in a wet hood again, you are a braver man than me. It is a commercial diver oriented book, but applicable for teams doing SSAD. ERDi has recently come out with a "Contaminated Water Diving Operations" text just this year which is also very good and more geared towards PSD. Their best product to date, I'd have to say.

I always have the NOAA manual, US Navy Manual and PADi Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving on hand for general diving stuff. (Say what you want about Padi, I'm not a fan but they make a good text book)

We dive the DCIEM tables, they were designed and tested for cold water and are Canadian, eh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom