NO Zeagle Ranger on GEAR OF THE YEAR 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme once bubbled...
you guys gotta give Zeagle ranger some credit.. otherwise why would they be the infamous "RANGER --> EBAY --> BP/WING scenario and dilemma in this forum
Give the Ranger credit because people are ditching them on Ebay to get a BP/Wing instead? LOL! Just ribbing ya man, I had a Ranger and it wasn't a bad BC but, like Jonnythan said, I don't think it's really any better than a lot of the other back inflate BC's on the market. It's a rugged and functional BC but it's pretty bulky and the wings are larger than most divers need.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Who cares what rodal says?

Aw, c'mon Mike, where else am I supposed to get my fashion tips?

Where else can you find that a neon green console and pink fins is out this year, but a yellow Spare Air set off with an aqua blue Air II will make you the envy of the beach?

...is really missing a market, what with not making multiple colored wings.

I mean, its just the outer shell that would need to change color, and think of the increase in sales! :wink:

jeff

To get on the best of the best list an item had to get an editor's choice award from Rodales in the year leading up to the December issue. The Ranger did not. Check out the gear reviews at www.scubadiving.com to get an idea as to why the Ranger did not get an editor's choice.

IMO, the Ranger has the following things wrong with it:
high retail price
bulky to pack
excessive inherent bouyancy
trim pockets are an optional extra
not very hydrodynamic

OTOH, the Ranger is well made and Zeagle has a great warranty, provided you buy from an LDS and not LP/Ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom