No way to return to a page of threads on a topic.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Please keep in mind I see this same issue on other forums. I just run into it more here as I am plowing through old posts.

So you pic a forum topic like 'Basic Scuba Discussion', and you thumb through threads and realise you are on page 73 of the thread list. Then you run into a particularly long, but interesting thread, and it might be upwards of a hundred pages. So by the time all of this is read, you want to get back to page x of your thread list. You can either click back 100 times, or go to the topic list, and voila, you are back on page one where you have to then navigate back to the particular page of threads, assuming you can remember exactly which one you are on.

When a thread is on page 86, why can't the breadcrumbs at the top state 'ScubaBoard > Scuba Diving Central > Basic Scuba Discussions > page 86'?

I think it's a function of the .vbulletin software. Other .vbulletin sites I visit work the same way.

A couple of work-arounds:

Open the interesting thread in a new tab/window. Closing it will return you to the same place in the thread list view.

You can change your viewing preferences to Threaded View. This will "lock" the thread view window at the current thread list page. Then read each post in turn or use the up/down arrows in the menu bar to read the posts sequentially.

One click of the back button on your browser will return you to the same place in the forum list view from anywhere within the thread. You can change it in the Thread Display Options box here: ScubaBoard

Last edited:
Thanks. I will give the other Display modes a try. You would think someone at vBulletin would have run into this.

I do the same thing Steve suggests, open pages in new tabs. I find this an easy way to manage navigation. Also, this isn't quite what you're asking, but the current page is listed at the end of the hyperlink in your browser window. You can navigate to a specific page by simply changing the number.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12976690&pp=25&page=5

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pacific-islands/348273-sea-passion-hotel-palau-lately-anyone-2.html

The first one shows that I'm on page 5 of my search results.

The second shows that I'm on page 2 of the palau hotel thread.

The page you're on will vary depending on your display posts count option - a 2 page thread for me may be 5 pages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom