No open message box in threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I noticed this morning that the normal open "message window", normally available at the bottom of a page in threads is not there this morning.
I can post messages into the threads by hitting the "Resonse " button, which does open the message window, but I have never noticed this before today.

Are you talking about the Quick Reply at the bottom? I see it. In fact I used it for this post. Which thread is it missing in for you? Did you try the refresh button?

Now it is available in this thread.

Earlier it was not available in the Scubasteve Poll thread , or the DNY "looney" thread (it now is available in both!)

I can't remember what other threads I was reading, but when I went to post in those two threads I named it was not an option. I looked in a few other threads before I posted this thread, and it was not available to me at that time in any of them.

Maybe it was a problem loading pages on my end. My satellite connection is finicky at times, but I have never seen this particular type of problem with SB pages.

The problem may have resolved itself, when I reloaded SB just now.

Now it is available in this thread.

Earlier it was not available in the Scubasteve Poll thread , or the DNY "looney" thread (it now is available in both!)

I can't remember what other threads I was reading, but when I went to post in those two threads I named it was not an option. I looked in a few other threads before I posted this thread, and it was not available to me at that time in any of them.

Maybe it was a problem loading pages on my end. My satellite connection is finicky at times, but I have never seen this particular type of problem with SB pages.

The problem may have resolved itself, when I reloaded SB just now.

Sometimes when my connection is slow, everything but the quick reply box will load. Usually if I refresh it works. Could be the same type issue for you. If it continues to be a problem, try that and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom