No Notification of New Posts in Subscribed Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMo

Contributor
Reaction score
When there is a new post in a thread, I get no notifiication - even though I have subscribed to that thread. I checked my options, and I have instant email notification selected. Any suggestions?

It's an AOL thing.

For some reason they seem to think we're spammers. :confused:

It's being worked on but, for now, all I can recommend is to change your email address temporarily.

Would it work to put the sending address in his Aol Address Book?

Actually, I don't know of my Aol acct ever refusing an email - not to my knowledge anyway. Some go into my spam folder by mistake, but I mark them "Not Spam" and the sending address no longer goes into my Spam.

And if I sound like someone who doesn't know much about computer & Internet systems: Guilty!

Anyway, I have my UserCP bookmarked so I always enter SB on that page. It gives me a quick review of my new PMs, my subscribed threads with new posts, and my subscribed forums. You might try that, and visit oftne. :wink:

That's a good idea, entering at the User CP page. Maybe I'll give that a try and see how it works. As far as the AOL thingy - I get notifications from other forums that I visit, and I used to get them from here, also. I am ashamed to say that I did not visit this forum for a number of months, but when I returned - no notifications. They show as subscribed - I just don't get the email, not even in my spam folder.

I have a Yahoo account and I haven't gotten an email notice about a new post to a thread I have subscribed to or a PM I have recieved in a long long time (better than 6 months).

nauifins73:
I have a Yahoo account and I haven't gotten an email notice about a new post to a thread I have subscribed to or a PM I have recieved in a long long time (better than 6 months).
Are you sure you have that option turned on. Mine is off on both as I'd get too many. I just log on frequently...

Back
Top Bottom