No "edit" in the "site news" forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As noticed in the Bahamas Bash thread, posts made in threads in the "Site News" forum seem to be missing an "edit post" option.

anyone from the admin staff still around that can chime in on this or do i have to bump it every day till someone gets annoyed by it and replies?

makes me wonder if there's any forum staff around anymore, i sent a PM to one of them and never got a reply

I'm not sure why there is no edit option in that section.

Howard will probably be the one that will need to address this. He, as well as the rest of the Moderation Team do this on a volunteer basis in addition to other duties and responsibilities in our every day life. Sometimes that keeps us from being available 24/7 here on the board. My apologies if that doesn't fit in with your needs.

If there's something that urgently needs editing, you can PM me the post, with the desired changes noted and I'll get to it as soon as I'm able. Alternately, you can hit the report post button, state the reason and what needs to be changed, and the first available Mod can take care of the issue for you.

I realize the moderators are volunteers, been there done that, but I think a couple of weeks would have been enough to get a reply

btw its not only the "edit" that is missing you can't delete eithere, no options at all
I will go back and hit the "report" button, didn't think that's the purpose of it when we have a support section

There are no options to delete posts for users anywhere.

Edit post is only available for a short period of time for users.

Thanks.

Edit post is only available for a short period of time for users.
I'm aware of that and it's not what I asked about. In the Site News forum (specifically the Bahamas Bash thread), there's no "edit" at all. Not even one second after posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom