NJ Trip - Oct. 20 & 21st - Resor and Lillian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickm401

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are planning two days of diving on Oct. 20th and 21st departing from Brielle and Point Pleasant, NJ. Saturday, 10/20 is the Gypsy Blood, Gypsyblood Dives: New Jersey's Best Full Service Dive Charter Operation. The destination is the RP Resor which is arguably the pinnacle of advanced recreational diving in NJ waters. It is a 445ft oil tanker that was torpedoed by U-578, February 27, 1942, and rests in 130 feet of water.

Sunday, 10/21 is the Lillian on board the Independence II,
Deep Expeditions - 2007 Schedule. Though largely a debris field, I have heard nothing but good reports. She went down on February 26, 1939 in a collision and rests at 150 fsw.

Our group will be chartering both boats. We don't want to do more than 12 people for the Resor, and 10 for the Lillian. 10 and 8, respectively should make for a good balance of cost and comfort on the boats. Using this example the cost would be $140 for the Resor and $150 for the Lillian, but we can run with more. If we run with the maximum number of divers (12 and 10), costs are $117 for the Resor and $120 for the Lillian.

We currently have nine divers for the Resor and seven for the Lillian.

The destinations are weather permitting and the captains make the final call. The captains have the right to select an alternate destination due to seas and weather, adjusting the charter fee accordingly. Complete blowouts result in a full refund.

Divers must be qualified for either dive with proper certification and/or experience. Captains have the right to intervene in this process if they should determine a diver to be unqualified (though I have never had this happen).

Air, O2, nitrox, and trimix are available from Divers 2 for those that will need gas. They will stay open late to accommodate our needs (Thanks Joe and Matt!) Approximate costs are $20 to fill a 40 cu ft with 80/20 mix and $70 to fill a set of double 100’s with 21/35 mix. More info is at Divers Two | The Dive Center for the Jersey Shore. Select "Equipment", then "Gas Blending".

More information on these wrecks can be found at New Jersey Scuba Diver.

Those traveling from outside NJ can either book a hotel or advise me if you need alternative lodging, such as the dive boat.

To book your spot, please contact Rick Marshall at r_mar@comcast.net or 617-217-8165. A deposit of $100 per day is required to me by Oct. 16th. Please specify for which day you are booking. We’ll provide details on whom to make the check out to and my address when booking. Remaining balance will be collected the day of the charter.

Back
Top Bottom