NJ Dive Trio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpyderTek

Reaction score
Hello from NJ! (Ok AND Brooklyn NY)

I dont know how I did it, but I managed to talk my Girl Friend AND my Best Friend into becoming scuba certified!

We just started taking lessons. Had our first confined dives on the 22nd. (We were supposed to go earlier but our dive shop is in Manhattan and the incident caused us to have to post pone.) :-(

Anyway, My GF and BF of course did just fine but I thought I was going to drown at least THREE times. It was great!! And cant wait to go again. I'm pretty sure all my trouble was just first time performance anxienty. (Anyone ever come up with a top 10 list of things said when talking SCUBA that sound dirty but aren't? hehehe)

After spending the morning in th confined dives my best friend and I decided to take the written test and we both passed! I like to think it had to do alot with reading all the great information on this site for the last month. (Girl friend didnt complete last two chapters of the PADI book yet) So now all we need to finish is our Open water quarry dive on Oct.6th+7th and We're certified!

We are diving Dutch Springs, PA. Anyone every dive there? Anyone been there recently? Any comments or info would be appriciated so I know what to expect a little better.

Finaly, We are two 31 year old males and a 23 Year old female. And would be happy to meet many other dive people in our area.

Welcom to the board from the other side of the country(Seattle area). It sounds you three are having a great time. I on the other hand, got talk into taking the class by my brother and he drop out at the lost minute but I finished and glad I did about three weeks ago.

There are a few on the board are in your area. Just keep have fun diving. :) and Welcom again.

Hey Trio,
Welcome.

That list would have to be regulated!

ID

BTW...11) It makes me gag when I put it in my mouth!

#12(similar to #11)
(Actually said to me by female Newbie on a dive Boat):
" The first time I went down, I didn't like the taste or the feel of it in my mouth..., now, it's okay."

And people were wondering why I almost fell overboard trying to be polite and not laugh???
Miked

I would post a few additions to these but I am already blushing at the content. And ID to think you contributed, wow.....

:whoa:

SpyderTek,

Welcome to the board and congrats on not one but two dive buddies to start with. If I could get my wife to join me I would be a happy camper, as it stands now I have to just hope to find someone to dive with when I go. Most often there are plenty so it is Okay.

Ok you have a point. Probably not a good idea. I'm going to take it off.

Welcome to the board hun - I thought I should pop my head in and say hey!

Natasha, wise move. Altho I enjoyed the read when they were up it would appear we're being cracked down on now and have to start behaving......altho I am sure some will get away with it from time to time!

Welcome to the best surface interval from ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state.

BTW I concure some people have no humor and my face hurts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom