NJ dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greymutt

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeastern Pennsylvania near King of Prussia, PA
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a comparable dive buddy for doing some dives off of NJ on the Tuna Seazure and Gypsy Blood in the coming months. I am diving doubles and my other dive buddies are not ready to make the move to doubles. I hope to be diving off of New Jersey for the remainder of the season.

PM me if interested

Apologies to the OP, this may be off-topic but hopefully useful.

Some NJ boats tend to cater to food hunters, others favor wreckers. You will have more fun if you learn each boat's specialty. Move around, don't limit yourself. Doubles are not a prerequisite to inshore diving!!! An inshore trip listed as 'two tank' means bring two tanks, (could be 2 sets of doubles) but what is meant is that you will be doing two dives. Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - dive Wreck Valley - Dive Sites - New Jersey - Manasquan Chart [good advice in previous post] I hear Jenn has (had?) an NJ intro course on the Sea Lion. Call and ask. Great people, six-pack boat, lot of history behind the Sea Lion. I highly recommend letting the boat (any boat) know that you are starting out, there are issues to attend to that you won't find in the quarries. Take advantage of dive shops that offer intro dives, I really, really, recommend it for first timers. It will take a few trips before you get everything sorted out, the crew is expecting this on intro trips. It is my personal experience that you risk a serious lack of dive etiquette if you just show up and pretend you know what you are doing. Another suggestion, do your first dives with the intention of 'just looking'.

Great news for all those new to Atlantic diving: the "serious" boats are focussing on new divers, lots of good inshore 80' dives. (Treasure Cove on the John-Jack for another example) Here are the boats: Welcome to NJDive.com "Open Boat" means call the boat, if the trip shows a dive shop and it doesn't say "Closed Charter", then call the dive shop, they will explain the trip. It's fun out here, where is everybody?

Last edited:
Well, I'm looking to get into diving in NJ, but unfortunately my skill level would not be a match for you.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom