Nitroxbuddy: Wireless Oxygen Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitroxbuddy project on Kickstarter reached the $20,000 stretch goal so every backer will get a nice Nitroxbuddy sticker :D

DiveNav_Nitroxbuddy_sticker_v1.png

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Your earlier discussion on the Android App indicated you are starting with one of the Samsung devices (S3). Will it work with the Samsung S4?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Your earlier discussion on the Android App indicated you are starting with one of the Samsung devices (S3). Will it work with the Samsung S4?....
As far as we know, the Samsung S4 DOES have on board a Bluetooth 4.0 device. Additionally, it looks like that, finally, Google is getting serious in adding to Android support for BT 4.0 too.

Having said that, as of today we do not have yet an S4 in our hands nor we have a firm schedule on when we will release a version of the My Nitroxbuddy App for the S4.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

We have finally received several Nitroxbuddy boards and we are almost done debugging them.

Don't worry, they are not as bad as they seem :D

nitroxbuddy_pcb_20130617_560.jpg

Overall they seem to be working fine: RF portion is performing as expected, all I/O are functional and we can measure the various O2 sensors just fine.

The only issue is that we will need to fine tune the sensors sensitivity as we had several requests to extend the operating range to > 100mV.
We can certainly do that with few more resistors .... but we will need to spin the boards :(

This means that the schedule might be impacted a bit (2 to 3 weeks) as we might need to wait for the new boards to start FCC certifications.

We will let you know when we get more info for from the certification lab.

BTW, you can still preorder your Nitroxbuddy at the special preorder price of $184 ($15 off MSRP)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

We are ready to assemble the first batch of 50 Nitroxbuddy wireless Oxygen Analyzers :wink:

divenav_nitroxbuddy_production.jpg

Now ..... we just need the new PCBs to show up at the door :depressed:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

We received the "Nitroxbuddy O2 sensors" and we are ready to install them :D

nitroxbuddy_O2_sensors_560.jpg

But, unfortunately the boards are still missing :( ..... those overseas manufacturers give me headache :(

Back
Top Bottom