Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The information has been very helpful. Like everything else, it all boils down to common sense.

Uncle Pug,

Do you O2 clean your second stages for EAN100? Not that I'll be doing oxygen decompression anytime soon, just wondering.

Ben

Originally posted by bengiddins
Do you O2 clean your second stages for EAN100?
Nope... it will only see O2 at the I.P of 140~150 PSI....

Hey... Omar... do you O2 clean you second stages?

Interesting points. I agree with most.

"I honestly believe now that nobody should be diving air at depths shallower than 120 or so........"

I hunt for fossils in 13 - 18' of water. I use air on those dives. I see no advantage to nitrox in shallow ranges. Perhaps you've thought of a reason, I'd be happy to listen.

I do agree nitrox should be taught in the OW class. I would not have to add much to my course to include it. All the theory is already part of my class. There is one problem - standards won't allow it. To enter my nitrox class you must hold an Advanced card or have 15 logged dives and an OW certification from a recognized agency or have 10 logged dives with a YMCA OW certification. I think that standard should be changed.

I can't even come up with a smart ass reason to dive NITROX on 13 to 18 foot dives, unless that was what was in your tank, heck that's almost snorkle depth, yuck yuck, just kidding...

It is snorkel depth, but free diving isn't an option if you want to find fossils in low viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom